Maintaining Social Distancing While Moving Homes or Offices
In case you have a little less than stellar credit, keeping a social distance when relocating may be something of an ongoing struggle.
Whether the reason is due to your credit rating, your employment situation, your bank account, your new neighbours, or a combination of any or all of these factors, keeping a little social distance can go a long way towards keeping your sanity as you sort out your life after moving home. There are many different ways to maintain social distance when moving, and though some of them require more work than others, they can all help to smooth the transition.
Follow the detailed discussion below to get better know-how on the same.
Social Distancing – The Actual Meaning
In medical terminology, ‘social distancing’ is an approach to health that attempts to limit the spread of potentially harmful infectious agents through the avoidance of direct physical contact, during the COVID-19 situation.
This form of avoidance is often implemented in settings where the population density is high, and disease incidence is high, for example, schools, playgrounds, offices, hospitals, and nursing homes.
However, this form of health management also has application in other situations such as shopping malls, airports, department stores, and college campuses.
In this modern era, one of the most frequently encountered forms of social distancing is the practice of ‘quarantine’, or ‘self-quarantine’. This is the immediate disposition to isolate a sick patient, or group of ill patients, in a particular facility from the general community to ensure the rapid identification and treatment of any potential contamination. For medical practices and facilities that enforce quarantining procedures following the current standards of health care, a significant part of their operations involves the implementation of policies that define the degree of social distancing required for health care personnel to restrict contact between themselves and patients. Such policies may be based on the aetiology of the disease, the level of resistance of known pathogens, or any other considerations relevant to the health of the patients involved.
The most common example of this policy used at facilities where disease isolation is a critical aspect of patient care is the requirement to maintain minimum distances between staff and patients during the routine use of diagnostic equipment.
This minimum distance requirement is typically implemented in compliance with the standard recommended spacing requirements under the criteria of the Society for Infection and Virus Surveillance recommended minimum distances for contact.
The provisions of this policy help prevent the spread of highly pathogenic viruses and infectious agents, like the recently identified Hepatitis B virus (HBV) that is highly contagious. The policies may also help prevent the transmission of small and low-frequency organisms that do not provoke significant symptoms and are therefore difficult to detect.
Practising Social Distancing While Moving House
While a move now may appear a little different than it was some months back, you can still move safely through the flu season.
Here is what you should know about social distancing, how to practice it while driving and other essential tips to follow to make sure you get from point A to point B while staying as safe as possible.
Social Distancing While Moving A House Yourself
Social distancing while moving a house yourself can be accomplished by using the common sense that you have when moving into any new home. This means that while you are in the process of moving your house, it is a good idea to create as much distance between the house and your new neighbours as possible.
If you do not think you will be able to keep the house well out-of-sight and out-of-reach for all but essential guests, then you may want to hire a professional moving company to do the job for you.
However, even if you choose to proceed without professional assistance, the following tips will help you avoid making a mistake that could cost you time, money, or even your home when trying to make a move.
Social Distancing While Using A House Moving Company
Social Distancing While using a house moving company is an excellent reason to use a professional service. An excellent professional such as that of a relocation specialist understands the delicate art of social distancing. Social distancing involves the act of “stepping back” from the colonial relationship you have with the people in your life. It is essential because it ensures the best outcome for everyone involved.
So, in summary, when using a moving company, it is always best to keep your social life in the background. Letting others into your life should be reserved for times when you genuinely feel like closing your chequebook and moving your life into your future. If you genuinely think that you can no longer handle all of the social pressures, then leave it in the hands of professionals who know how to distance themselves without hurting anyone else successfully.
Do not be one of those people who finds themselves in serious trouble due to their social anxiety and take the steps necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Social Distancing While Renting A House Moving Truck
The key to all this is…social distance!
In other words, you do not want to be so far away that neither one of you can see the other or feel the other is distancing you from each other. You want to be able to see one another and know that the distance is not perceived as ‘social’. So, when moving in a rental moving truck, be sure to keep all your stuff together. Put it in one big box and stuff it separately if need be.
So, how can this be done while renting a house moving truck? Easy! When the truck is loading, park it where you will be able to see it.
Keep your personal space to a maximum, spread out those boxes and put stuff where it is easy to reach and look around. These simple techniques will help you avoid the social distance that could occur when renting a house moving truck.
Social Distancing While Using A Storage Facility While Moving House
Social distancing while using a storage facility is a security concept that involves the feeling of being “out in public.” That feeling of discomfort can be quite paralyzing when moving day comes.
Moving homes can be an incredibly stressful time and packing and then loading your truck with boxes, and household items can be arduous tasks. On top of all this, there is the stress of driving around neighbourhoods with boxes just to get to your new home. If you have any of these feelings and are thinking of using a storage facility, then here are some tips that may help ease the process.
- First, do not buy into the notion that you must fill the entire space of your storage unit just to make a move. This space is for storage and not for moving home. This may seem strange and somewhat backwards, but most storage facilities provide vast areas for storage, but they do not include a bedroom or any other personal space for guests.
- Secondly, think of it as renting a room in a hotel; the room is for storage only. When you consider that you will have more space once you start unpacking, you will realize that there is no reason to fill up your storage space.
- Thirdly, do not be embarrassed to ask for help packing your things. It is beautiful to fill your boxes, but there may be some things that you cannot move. If you have packages that are too tall or heavy, then there may be someone who can help you with this task.
- Lastly, if there is no one available that can help you with the packing, then leave the job to the professionals. Once you have unpacked and are ready to start moving home, you will feel much more relaxed knowing that you did not have to use a storage facility to make a move.
Safety Tips for House Moving During COVID-19
There are many safety tips and tricks that you should keep in mind while dealing with all types of weather, but the most important one is to be prepared.
- Do not forget that when it is raining or snowing outside, it is still cold inside the house.
- You can use extra blankets to keep yourself warm, but do not forget your flashlight or A/C units.
- It is also essential to have a plan about how you are going to move all of your stuff out of your house before it starts to storm.
- Keep a constant eye on the weather so that you can prepare yourself for any eventuality.
- Keep all medicines away from water. Keep them in a place where they will not get wet and be sure to label them as such.
- Always make it a point to check that all of your medications are up to date before you leave the house.
- Never walk around loose anything around the house. If you do not have a key for a particular cupboard, do not touch it or write on it.
- If there is something that looks dangerous, get it secured immediately. This may seem like common sense, but you would be surprised at how many people walk around with prescription drugs, inhalants, and other dangerous things that they cannot remember that they have locked away. Always remember to keep them locked away or throw them away.
Necessary Steps Concerning Social Distancing During The House Moving Process
Necessary steps to be followed by people who want to ensure a smooth and quick house moving.
These steps have been taken after extensive research and studies on the subject.
- The first step in this regard is to inform the local authority about your decision of shifting your home. This local authority will carry out adequate investigations and will also give you information on various aspects related to home shifting. Information provided by the local authority on house moving procedure can be considered as accurate and reliable.
- The second step is to coordinate with the moving company. The company will also be conducting its investigation on the old house and your home. It will require adequate information like descriptions of the rooms that have to be shifted, reports of goods that need to be moved, etc.
- The third step involves hiring a skilled mover. You may go to your friends and relatives for recommendations. However, friends and relatives might not be completely reliable as far as referrals are concerned. Therefore, you should also consider the referral of a professional mover.
Hiring a professional house moving company is much more reliable as compared to friends and relatives. Also, they would be carrying out a proper job. The representative of the company can also give you options regarding your home and its surroundings.
Our proficient experts have all the means and ways to handle any situation with utter professionalism and clarity while ensuring a safe move during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. We are one of the best-rated movers in Melbourne, and we care for our all eminent customers.
Contact us at 1800 318 026 for relentless assistance from our 24×7 active customer service executives. And experience a safe and healthy move ahead!
Get In Touch
3000, Melbourne, VIC