Role of Pest Inspection Services During Moving House
When moving, there are an endless number of tasks that have to be completed such as deciding when to move, finding a professional moving company, packing up your belongings, cleaning the property, and many more. Hiring a pest inspection service is another vital task that people should think about. No matter if you are moving out of your house to relocate to a new one, pest control is an important thing to consider for both properties (your current house and your new house). Not only you, but others also think your house is their own personal space. Bugs search for a new and safe place where they will not only get food and water to survive but also a spot to stay with their future coming family.
Whether you are purchasing an existing home or one that you have recently built, you never know what might be hiding within. Therefore, you must contact a pest control specialist to evaluate your property at or before you move because they will have easier access to the nooks and crannies that you will soon fill with your furniture and decor. This can help address any infestations and take preventative steps to guarantee your house is pest-free, giving you peace of mind and saving you time and money.
What Is Pest Inspection?
In a pest inspection, a pest control specialist will visit the property and do a preliminary examination in accordance with the service you require. This will give them the opportunity to formulate a pest control action plan, decide the products they will be needing, estimate the amount of time it will take to finish the job based on the size of the property, identify any potential risks to the property’s structure or electrical system, look for nests or colonies, check fenced boundaries and other outdoor structures, and calculate the cost of the services needed.
After completing this examination, the team can build pest barriers to entry, manage pesticides, and, if necessary, set bait or traps as part of an integrated pest control plan. Some of the common pests which you might come across are termites, cockroaches, ants, bed bugs, silverfish, moths, rats, spiders, etc and the professional you hired before your moving will remove them and make your house pest free.
How Long Does A Pest Inspection Take?
Usually, a pest inspection takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. The real duration, however, may be longer depending on what the inspectors have to see, the size and the design of the house, etc. For example, if you have a crawlspace or attic in your house that is more difficult to approach, then the pest inspection can take longer. You should always hire them in advance before your moving day so that your final day does not become so stressful.
Is There Any Difference Between Extermination And Pest Control?
In an extermination procedure, intrusive chemicals are used in the place that burns bugs or any other pests to death. The meaning exterminates also means to “erase from existence,” although this method is rarely practiced these days, which is why other techniques are preferred. Additionally, it is bad for our environment too.
On the other hand, to achieve long-term solutions, pest control procedures attempt to manage the pests’ entire lifecycle in a manner that respects both indoor and outdoor environments. If chemicals are necessary, they will utilize safer alternatives that won’t be harmful to the environment or the people living in the house.
The pest controller may also have more in-depth knowledge of each and every bug, insect, or pest that they control such as their nature of reacting, how to manage them, and the best techniques for removing them from your property as quickly as possible.
Things To Consider Before Hiring A Local Pest Controller:
When searching for a local pest controller, you should check whether they are providing safe and effective services or not. You should even pay attention to the company’s standing in the market so that in case there are any issues rising in the future, they will be in a position to address them thanks to their licenses, warranties, and insurance coverage. Verify their membership in a reputable pest control association, that they are a well-established business, or have a strong local reputation. Inquire about various pest species and their available treatments so you can compare them with other service providers. This will allow you to estimate their level of knowledge. And most importantly their proven record to get bonds back at the time of moving. By considering all these things you should finalise your pest controller at the time of relocation and follow other end-of-lease preparation tips.
WATCH THIS VIDEO:
The video we’ve included below delves further into the vital role of pest inspection services during the moving process. It offers valuable insights and expert advice on how to safeguard your new home from unwanted pests. Take a few moments to watch it and gain a deeper understanding of why pest inspection is an essential step in your moving checklist. Investing in professional pest inspection services before you move can potentially save you time, money, and unnecessary stress.
Benefits Of Pest Control:
Some of the amazing benefits of having pest control on your property are mentioned below:
- Detection Of Pests – One of the main reasons to opt for pest control services is to find out the pests that are living in various nooks and corners of your house. This complicated and risky job can’t be done by yourself, so in this case, you need to hire a professional pest inspection service provider as they have the right equipment and knowledge. After finding out what kind of pests are available on your property, they will suggest the best solution.
- Decrease Allergies & Itching – Various pests’ bites can result in serious allergies and itching in your body. So, hiring a professional pest controller is very important as they can remove these pests from your house and help in preventing you and your family from being stung by these dangerous insects. Bed bugs, spiders, fleas, and many more can be the reason for allergies and itching. In case you get to see any of such insects hiding in corners of your house, then you need to get in touch with a pest control service provider so that the pests can be removed as soon as possible.
- Reduce Expenses – Once you remove pests from your property by pest control treatments, it can be helpful in saving your money. If you don’t opt for pest control, then you might face much damage caused by the pests to your property structure which can subsequently require more money. Doing pest control by yourself might also be a costly option, so it’s better to save your money by hiring an expert to complete this job efficiently.
- Saves Time – In this busy world, nobody has enough time to deal with their property’s pest issues. There is no doubt in the fact that pest control is a time-consuming task to do. In case you don’t want to waste your time on at-home pest control solutions, then you can go with routine pest control maintenance programs offered by professionals. If the situation gets worsened due to pests, then you might have to remove all of the belongings from your property or even empty the place. This will not only impact your mental peace but also acquire a lot of time.
- Prevents Your Property From Pests In the Future – One of the main benefits of opting for a pest control service is that it prevents your property from annoying pests in the future. The professional pest controller which you hire for your house to do the pest control treatments may guide you with some beneficial prevention tips and tricks, and some check-up plans too to help in keeping away any kind of pests or insects from your property.
- Reduces The Chances Of Falling Sick – Pests are very dangerous as they can communicate various types of bacteria, germs, and even diseases such as the Zika virus. People may also get infections from pests through their bites, hair, feathers, dead skin, and droppings. Removing them from your house is very important to keep you, your family, or your pets safe. Getting pest control done at your property will surely reduce the chances of falling sick.
Importance Of Pest Control Before Giving Your House On Lease
It is important to do pest control before giving your house on lease as this treatment can:
- help in making your house perfect and safe to rent out. The main requirements by the tenant before moving into a new house are health and safety, so it is essential for the landlords to give a clean and tidy property. This also includes making sure that the house is pest-free as they can transfer germs and diseases.
- help in making your house more in demand for lease. In case your future tenants discover any signs of pests while inspecting your house, they might not move in until you get pest control done to fix this problem.
- help in preventing your house from huge structural damage which is caused due to pests or termites.
Importance Of End of Lease Pest Control For Tenants
In case you are living in a rented house and the lease is ending soon, then you have to do a pest control treatment as it might be one of the terms which are mentioned on your rental contract. You also need to check your rental property contract to find out whether the pest control treatment is your responsibility or your landlord’s. If you get to know that this responsibility was yours and you didn’t fulfill it, then you might put yourself at risk of losing your rental bond and the amount totally depends on how much pests have affected the house. In case your moving out time has come, then you should get in touch with professional pest control service providers so that you can schedule an end-of-lease pest inspection at the house.
What Can You Do To Prevent Your Move From Pests?
You may come across various kinds of insects or pests while sorting and packing your belongings before you move house. The very first thing that comes to your mind after detecting them is what kind of insects they are and how you can get rid of them completely. After making sure that there is an infestation in your current house, you can hire a professional pest controller who can inspect and provide the right treatment. Before making sure that your house and belongings are pest-free, you need to check a few more places that are listed below:
- Your Personal Belongings – Check your clothes, beddings, towels, mattresses, stuffed toys, and more if there are any kind of insects or pests, before starting packing them and keeping them inside the moving boxes.
- Plants – Pests or insects can easily be found inside your house plants. Make sure to check and remove them completely.
- Electronic Items – Some insects can even hide inside your electronic items as they like to stay in warm places. Before packing these electronic items for the move, make sure to remove all the pests or insects properly with the right equipment.
The role of pest inspection services during the process of moving house cannot be overstated. It is essential to prioritize the safety and well-being of your family and belongings by ensuring that your new home is free from pests. By hiring a professional moving company you can rest assured that we will provide reliable pest inspection services to safeguard your move.
Once you are done with your end-of-lease pest inspection you can contact Melbourne’s best moving company, Harry The Mover to ensure your successful relocation. We are well-skilled and experienced to offer the right and budget-friendly moving services. You can contact us at 1800 318 026 to know more about our moving services.